Thank you for taking the time to read the information on our vacant positions. I hope that you find the information you are looking for and that you gain a sense of the atmosphere, vision, ethos and aims of the Academy.
BOA Group has high expectations for itself, its staff and students. There will be a clear focus on standards and student behaviour. We aim to be at the forefront of accreditation and curriculum innovation.
If you want to work in an outstanding and distinctive institution at the cutting-edge of education development, we would really like to hear from you. I appreciate filling in forms is very time consuming. All applications will be given the merit they deserve. Many thanks and good luck with your application.
In 2014, Birmingham Ormiston Academy took over the management of The Old Rep Theatre. We are now seeking an Executive/Artistic Director to share our vision and take over responsibility for the management and leadership of this organisation.
The Old Rep was the first purpose-built repertory theatre in the UK created for Birmingham Repertory Theatre. Built in 1913, it has staged numerous prestige productions, many of which have been landmarks in theatre history. Situated in the heart of Birmingham, the theatre plays host to numerous amateur and professional companies. Under BOAT (Birmingham Ormiston Academy Theatre) management company, the theatre has gained a new lease of life and purpose.
The Executive/Artistic Director will be both the executive manager and the artistic director. They will help realise our vision for a theatre “for young people run by young people”. We want this space to be a training ground for performance, technical, production and theatre administration.
Reporting into the Board of BOAT, the successful individual will promote the vision, values and ethos and ensure that the Old Rep is a vibrant space and a hub for the provision of high quality arts, performance, training and cultural practice.
We are looking for:
• A track record of success within a senior position in the field of theatre.
• Experience in leadership of a cultural organisation.
• A clear and distinct vision for the development of the Old Rep.
• A passion for theatre and an understanding of development for the performing arts.
• The ability to develop a strategy and to influence at the highest levels.
• The ability to build on the knowledge of the current team at BOA, BOA Stage & Screen Production and The Old Rep - you will be skilled at maintaining existing relationships while developing new opportunities. • An articulate, eloquent and numerate individual, with excellent interpersonal skills. • Experience in a similar role would be ideal.
• Experience of strategic management including the management of financial resources (particularly at a time of financial constraint,) as well as project and staff management.
• A dynamic and energetic self-starter.
• Experience of dealing with students/young people an advantage.
If you share our vision and ambitions, possess a strong desire to work within an ethos of creative collaboration and partnership, and want to have a positive impact on young people, families and the community, then we would be delighted to hear from you.